Wednesday, November 14, 2007

She is just growing up

Can I say enough, how fortunate I am to have a little one? It seems that each new day brings more things to just smile and laugh about. Just today (as she was home sick) she looked at me and said "santa needs a list and I want lipstick". And then comes up and says "i want to tell you a secret - and for her to whisper, I love you too" WOW!!! Can she be that grown up?? She has now begun to really understand the concept of Santa and all it means... She sees the Toys R Us and Target christmas toy "books" and lets Steve and I know what Santa might want to bring her. I am trying hard to compete with Santa and always remind her that the true meaning of Christmas is because of Jesus and his birth.... We will have another birthday party for Jesus - just to keep the true meaning in Christmas.



What an awesome responsibility we have as parents.... but how scary it all is - trusting and relying purely on God to show us what is right when raising our children - but at the same time giving us just a glimpse of what he feels for us.... Thanks God....

2 comments:

Tara said...

She's such a cutie! I really enjoyed seeing you both for the brunch that Sunday. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get down to Baylor like I wanted to...just not much time this go-round. We'll be back in TX for the holidays and would love to see you again. Maybe we can mix the Aggies with the Longhorn, too!

Jann Gray said...

Oh wow...that is such a scrappable moment...you totally need a picture of her going through the catalog! (Sorry -- seems like I think in scrapbook pages these days!)

We HAVE to get together before this child graduates...I can't believe how quickly she is growing up! You are such a great mama...I have always known you would be -- but it is so fun to hear how you are responding to this precious gift God has given you.

It just is such an amazing process!

Miss you girl.